Next Meeting of the Friends Board: Wednesday, September 12th at 3:30 p.m. at the Washington Park Library.
We welcome your book donations at any branch.
Are you a book buyer? Stop by the East Hills, Downtown or Washington Park branch to shop our ongoing book sales. Hardcover books are $2 and paperbacks are $1.
Save the dates! The Fall Book Sale will be held at the East Hills Shopping Center October 18 -22, 2018.
Friend’s Book Clubs
The Friend’s of the Library sponsor monthly book clubs at 3 branches.
– Jenny Ellis, of the Carnegie Library, hosts the Forever Young Adult Book Club at the Tipple Hill Winery at 2:00 p.m. on one Saturday each month. Contact Jenny at 238-0526 for more information.
– The East Hills Library club normally normally meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Contact Shirley at 236-2136 if you are interested in joining.
– The Downtown book club normally meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Contact Mary Beth at 232-7729 if you are interested in joining.
Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library Board of Directors
Winnie Watts – Vice President
Mary Kay Wright – Treasurer
Lisa Logan – Secretary
The Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization with a mission to support the St. Joseph Public Library. FSJPL focuses public attention on library services and programs, raises funds, and acts as an advocate for libraries and literacy in our community.
FSJPL underwrites the library’s Summer Reading Program. This valuable program keeps children, teens and adults learning and engaged throughout the Summer.
In addition to the Summer Reading Program, FSJPL:
• Sponsors book clubs and buys book club book sets to be checked out.
• Provides BookPage – a monthly book review magazine – free to library visitors at all four St. Joseph Public Library locations: Carnegie, Downtown, East Hills and Washington Park
• Funds one-time capital equipment acquisitions, such as a digital display for East Hills and audio/visual equipment for Carnegie and Washington Park
• Participates in outreach activities including support of such events as Pumpkinfest & Juneteenth
Only through your membership dues and funds received from used book sales is FSJPL able to fulfill our mission.
As a member of FSJPL, you also have the opportunity to volunteer your time at the annual used book sale in the Fall. Those who are interested can also volunteer to sort book donations throughout the year in preparation for the big sale. Please call (816) 236-2107 if you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities.
It’s easy to join the Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library. Simply visit any library or call (816) 232-7729 and ask for a membership form.
Membership Contribution Levels
Student/Senior 50+ $10
If you prefer, you can charge your membership dues and additional donations via PayPal.