2021-2022 Missouri Gateway Award Winner
2021-2022 Missouri Truman Award Winner
The Truman and Gateway Readers Club is a book club hosted by the Downtown Library for teens in 6th through 12th grade. All you have to do to be a member is read the current Truman and Gateway Award nominees. If you read enough, you can win prizes and discuss the nominees with other readers at an exclusive party.
Here’s how to become a member:
- Go to sjplibrary.beanstack.org and sign up for a beanstack account. (If you haven’t already)
- Register for the Truman and Gateway club.
- Log every book on the list that you read for a chance at the grand prize!
- When you read 1 book, you are able to attend out quarterly Truman and Gateway Club party.
- The first party is on September 13th, 2022.
- After reading 2 books, you will receive a prize bag filled with bookish goodies (spoiler: Candy is involved!)
- After 4 books, you get put into a prize drawing for a new Kindle.
- Once you have read those 4 books, you also get to attend an exclusive pizza party at the Downtown Library where you will have a chance for other cool prizes! This is where the name for the winner of the Kindle will be pulled.
- If you have read all books on both lists, you win a signed copy of one of the nominees!
The program runs from May 15th to April 30st the next year.
If you have any questions, you can contact Evelyn at the Downtown Library by calling 816-232-7729 or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org).