2 cups flour (plus extra for rolling later)
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp yeast (rapid dry)
1 tsp salt
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup warm water
2 tablespoons melted butter
Note: any flavoring you would like added, like anise seeds or garlic powder, should be added to the dry ingredients in step 1.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in small bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry bowl and mix with a fork.
- When the dough starts to come together into a sticky dough, dust hands with flour and knead gently in bowl just until it looks like all ingredients have been integrated nicely.
- Lightly oil larger bowl and transfer dough ball to it. Cover and let rest in a warm area for 1 ½ hours.
- Heat dry skillet on medium high heat. Cast iron is best, but any large skillet will work.
- After dough has risen, place dough on a floured surface. Dust hands with flour and knead the dough gently. Form into a circle or a log, whichever is easier to divide into 6 even pieces.
- Roll one of the small dough balls into an oval shape about 1/8” thick.
- Place this in the skillet and let cook until you see big bubbles on top. Checking the bottom should show dark browning. Flip it and brush melted butter on top. Cook until you get dark brown on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and set aside to enjoy with a lovely curry!