Check Out the World with the St. Joseph Public Library’s Mobile Hotspot Lending Program!
This project is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the CARES Act as administered by the Missouri State Library,
a division of the Secretary of State.
Call, visit your preferred branch, or place a hold on a hotspot through the library’s online catalog.
Checkout Period: 21 days
Renewals: Renew up to two (2) times if no one else is waiting
- One Mobile Hotspot per household at a time.
- Coverage depends on the T-Mobile network so location of the Mobile Hotspot and network congestion may affect user experience.
- Connect up to fifteen (15) devices to the Mobile Hotspot.
- Mobile Hotspots are available for checkout by anyone 17 years or older with a valid St. Joseph Public Library (SJPL) card in good standing.
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned at the Circulation Desk of any SJPL branch. They may not be returned in the Bookdrop.
- Overdue Mobile Hotspots will be disabled after 72 hours if the Mobile Hotspot is not renewed or returned to the library.
- Use of the Mobile Hotspot is subject to the Terms of SJPL’s Public Computers and Internet Policy
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of the Mobile Hotspot by minors.
- Mobile Hotspots are filtered, though no filtering software is accurate 100% of the time. It is the user’s responsibility to use the Mobile Hotspot in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purpose for which it is provided, and not for any unauthorized, unethical, or illegal purpose.
- Any attempt to alter data or the configuration of the Mobile Hotspot is strictly prohibited and may be considered an act of vandalism and subject to full replacement cost value.
- SJPL reserves the right to rescind privileges for the checkout of items if these guidelines are not followed.
SJPL is not responsible for personal information shared over the Internet or for information and websites accessed using the device, or any misuse, harm, or any other result due to the use of the T-Mobile Hotspot.
- T-Mobile Hotspots are completely free to borrow!
- The following fees apply to the T-Mobile Hotspots:
- Replacement Fee for T-Mobile Hotspot: $84
- Replacement Fee for Charger $5
- Replacement Fee for Packaging $5
- Processing Fee to Replace Hotspot $3