The Truman/Gateway Readers Club is a book club hosted by the Downtown Library for kids in 7th through 12th grade. All you have to do to be a member is read the current Truman/Gateway Award nominees. You can win prizes and be entered for a really cool grand prize just for reading the books.
Here’s how to become a member:
- Read a Truman or Gateway nominee from any of the SJPL branches
- Pick up a membership form at the Downtown library and fill out your name, address, & phone number
- Each time you’ve read a new Truman or Gateway title, we’ll pull your form and mark the book you’ve read — you have to read at least 4 books to vote for your favorite and be invited to the party.
- Prizes are awarded after reading 1 book, 4 books, and 8 books.
- After 4 books, your name is put into a drawing for $50 which party attendees are eligible to win.
The program runs through March every year and we will have a book/pizza party to discuss the nominees, eat pizza, and have the prize drawings. You also get to vote for your favorite Truman or Gateway nominee.
Call 232-7729 for more information.