2020-2021 Missouri Gateway Award Winner
2020-2021 Missouri Truman Award Winner
The Truman/Gateway Readers Club is a book club hosted by the Downtown Library for kids in 7th through 12th grade. All you have to do to be a member is read the current Truman/Gateway Award nominees. If you read enough, you can win prizes and discuss the nominees with other readers at an exclusive party.
Here’s how to become a member:
- Go to sjplibrary.beanstack.org and sign up for a beanstack account. (If you haven’t already)
- Register for the Truman / Gateway club.
- Log every book on the list that you read for a chance at the grand prize!
- After reading 2 books, you will receive a prize bag filled with bookish goodies (spoiler: Candy is involved!)
- After 4 books, you get put into a prize drawing for a new Kindle.
- Once you have read those 4 books, you also get to attend an exclusive pizza party at the Downtown Library where you will have a chance for other cool prizes!
- If you have read all books on both lists, you win a signed copy of one of the nominees!
The program runs from May 1st to April 31st the next year.
If you have any questions, you can contact Evelyn at the Downtown Library by calling 816-232-7729 or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org).