WHO: This event is open to children entering Kindergarten through 6th Grade. All ages are invited to watch the fun!
WHAT: Hypothesize outcomes, adjust designs, and see how high your rocket can go! We will explore the science behind water bottle rockets and celebrate the start of the St. Joseph Public Library Summer Reading Program! FREE popsicles provided for all attendees, while supplies last.
WHEN: Saturday, June 1 @ 2 p.m.
WHERE: Carnegie Branch – 316 Massachusetts St, St. Joseph, MO 64504
STUFF TO BRING: Participants are encouraged to come with a homemade water bottle rocket. See the resources below for supplies, design tips, and more! We will have a few pre-made rockets on hand if you cannot bring your own.
WATER BOTTLE ROCKET GUIDELINES
1. The pressure chamber of the rocket shall be constructed of thin, ductile plastic.
2. Only lightweight, non-metal parts shall be used for the nose, body, and fins.
3. Rockets MUST be made with 1L or 2L plastic bottles to ensure functionality with our bottle rocket launcher.
4. All rockets will be subject to safety inspections prior to launch.
1. How to Build A Water Bottle Rocket (Text + Design templates) http://www.marysville.k12.oh.us/Downloads/Bottle%20rocket%20PPT.pdf
3. iCreatables: Build a Water Bottle Rocket – How To (Video) https://youtu.be/itSNpdB4A6g
Questions or concerns? Please call Jess Gould at 236-2136.
Saturday, June 1 @ 2 p.m. for K – 6th graders.