Approved by the Board of Trustees January 24, 2017
St. Joseph Public Library
· Exams are administered by appointment only and preferably should be scheduled seven days in advance.
· The library will proctor both written and online exams. Online testing may be done via examinee’s laptop (if permitted by institution), or library computer. It should be noted that the library will not download software onto library computers.
· The library cannot guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library’s network or its computers.
· Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other stipulations set forth in the examination materials.
· Prior contact between the examining institution and the proctor is required so that credibility and exam requirements can be verified.
· The library will not be responsible for exams that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or technical difficulties. In the event of a library emergency the test will be rescheduled and the examining institution notified.
· The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
· The proctor who begins the exam may not be the proctor who finishes the exam.
· The library will attempt to provide a reasonably quiet space for the examinee, but examinees and institutions should be aware that the library is a public building.
· Contacting the library to schedule the exam time.
· Contacting the library to ensure the library has received the exam and any necessary passwords.
· The examinee must make arrangements with the examining institution to have written exams sent or delivered to the respective proctor.
· The examinee will be required to present a valid photo I.D. at the time of the exam, as well as other credentials required by the examining institution, if applicable. The examinee is responsible for being informed as to what is required.
· The proctor must be notified of the name of the institution offering the exam, contact information of the teacher, and specific information regarding the requirements of the exam, duration of testing time, and use of permitted external resources.
· There is no fee for this service; however, the library will not incur any costs for administering or returning exams.
· The student or the examining institution must provide a return envelope and sufficient postage, if applicable.
· The library charges $1.00 per page to fax. The proctor can scan and submit exam results via email. The first four pages can be sent free of charge. There is a 25 cents per page fee in excess of four pages.
· The library charges 10 cents per page for black and white photocopies and $1.00 per page for color photocopies. Printing from the computer is 10 cents per page from the black and white printer and 25 cents per page from the color printer.
· Exams must be scheduled during the proctor’s regular work hours.
· Neither the library nor the individual proctor is responsible for reminding the examinee of the scheduled exam time.
· If it is determined that a proctoring request is unreasonable or the demands are too burdensome to administer, the library reserves the right to deny this service.
· The library reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the test if the examinee is more than 30 minutes late. Please notify the library if you think you may be late.
· In the event the examinee cancels their scheduled exam time twice, the library reserves the right to deny any future proctoring services to that examinee.
· The use of cell phones or visiting with others is prohibited during the exam. Any violation of these guidelines will be reported to the examining institution.
· The library will not be responsible for any delayed, incomplete, or completed exams once they are out of the library’s possession and have been mailed to the examining institution.
· The library will hold exams for a period of no longer than 14 days, or the examining institution’s deadline, whichever comes first. Any uncompleted exams will be returned to the examining institution.
· The library reserves the right to cancel or postpone an exam if the materials are not received in time.