The Reference Department of the St. Joseph Public Library is always happy to receive donations of material about local and regional history and genealogical research. Below are some titles that have been donated recently.
- Bethel School Memories: A Two Room Country School 1868-1960, Buchanan County, Missouri by Cheryl Piepergerdes Griner, 2010.
- Daring to Be Different: Missouri’s Remarkable Owen Sisters by Doris Land Mueller, 2010.
- Expressions of Faith: An Architectural History of Houses of Worship in St. Joseph, Missouri & A History of Wesley House and Interfaith Community Services, 1909-2009 by David W. Lewis, Jr., 2009.
- Hail Benton High School!: A Centennial History of Benton High School, 1905-2005 by John H. Foley, 2009.
- The Rise of the Midwestern Meat Packing Industry by Margaret Walsh, 1982.
- Run With the Machine: The Story of the St. Joseph, Missouri Fire Department by Battalion Chief John Q. Nelson, 2008.
Genealogical titles that have been donated in recent years include:
- Ancestors and Descendants of the Edwards-Mathis Delozier and Related Families That Pioneered Through Virginia, Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Spread to Descendants in Thirty-Seven States and Two Provinces in Canada by Richard Laurence Edwards, 1985.
- Descendants of Robert Howard research by Sue Ann Hornung White Morrow, 2002.
- The Genealogy of a Flynn Family of St. Joseph, Missouri 1792-2013: Family Names: Flynn, Byrne, Nunning, Horigan, Donohoe, Connolley, Joyce, Neagle, Arndt, Garrett, Weekworth by Alice Flynn Osberger, 2013.
- Rogers Family of Paint Lick and Crab Orchard: Ancestry and Descendants of Joseph and Ellen Stewart Rogers of Garrard, Rockcastle, and Lincoln Counties in Kentucky by Lyndon N. Irwin, Ph.D., 1999.
- The Schieber Family History: Ancestors and Descendants of John & Henrietta (Meyer) Schieber, Conception, Nodaway County, Missouri by Ruth Ann (Abels) Hager, 1986.
St. Joseph Public Library is happy to accept donations of completed genealogies. They should be composed by word processor or typewriter. Please call the Reference Department to inquire at 816-232-8151.
While many St. Joseph high school annuals have been donated in recent years, there are still years missing from the collection. Any of the following would be welcome to the collection:
- Benton- 1922, 1924, 1954, 1955, 1959, 1972, 1974, 1992, 1999, 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011
- Bishop LeBlond- Almost any years would be welcome. Please call the Reference Department to ask what’s needed.
- Central- 1979, 2012
- Christian Brothers- Almost any years would be welcome, please call the Reference Department to inquire.
- Convent of the Sacred Heart- Almost any years would be welcome. Please call the Reference Department to inquire.
- Lafayette- 1923, 1924, 1925, 1928-1935, 1939-1943, 1946-1954, 1959-1966, 1972-1985, 1994, 1999, 2008-2012
Please call the Reference Department of the St. Joseph Public Library at 816-232-8151 if you have any of these annuals to donate. These annuals help to preserve a valuable part of St. Joseph history.