Next Meeting of the Friends Board: July 26th at 3:30 at the East Hills Library.
Are you a book buyer? Stop by the East Hills, Downtown or Washington Park branch to shop our ongoing book sales. Hardcover books are $2 and paperbacks are $1.
The Fall Book Sale will be October 19 – 23 at the East Hills Mall near the carousel.
Want to know an easy way to support the library? Click on the “Buy It Now” banner to get to Amazon, and the library will get a part of the proceeds. Every little bit helps and thank you for your support!
Friend’s Book Clubs
The Friend’s of the Library sponsor monthly book clubs at 3 branches.
– The East Hills Library club normally normally meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Contact Shirley at 236-2136 if you are interested in joining.
– The Washington Park book club normally meets the first Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Contact Karen at 232-2052 if you are interested in joining.
– The Downtown book club normally meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Contact Mary Beth at 232-7729 if you are interested in joining.
Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library Board of Directors
Winnie Watts – Vice President
Matthew White – Treasurer
Barb Yarbrough – Secretary
The Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization with a mission to support the St. Joseph Public Library. FSJPL focuses public attention on library services and programs, raises funds, and acts as an advocate for libraries and literacy in our community.
FSJPL underwrites the library’s Summer Reading Program. This valuable program keeps children, teens and adults learning and engaged throughout the Summer.
In addition to the Summer Reading Program, FSJPL:
• Sponsors book clubs and buys book club book sets to be checked out.
• Provides BookPage – a monthly book review magazine – free to library visitors at all four St. Joseph Public Library locations: Carnegie, Downtown, East Hills and Washington Park
• Funds one-time capital equipment acquisitions, such as a digital display for East Hills and audio/visual equipment for Carnegie and Washington Park
• Participates in outreach activities including support of such events as Pumpkinfest & Juneteenth
Only through your membership dues and funds received from used book sales is FSJPL able to fulfill our mission.
As a member of FSJPL, you also have the opportunity to volunteer your time at the annual used book sale in the Fall. Those who are interested can also volunteer to sort book donations throughout the year in preparation for the big sale. Please call (816) 236-2107 if you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities.
It’s easy to join the Friends of the St. Joseph Public Library. Simply visit any library or call (816) 232-7729 and ask for a membership form.
Membership Contribution Levels
If you prefer, you can charge your membership dues and additional donations via PayPal.